Maximize Small Living Spaces
Don’t let square footage damper your design savvy. Here are some ideas for maximizing small living spaces:
- Use curtains or window panels to divide or conceal spaces in a large room.
- Choose glass doors and/or furniture to visually lighten a room.
- Stash more stuff in nesting tables.
- Keep clutter off the floor and add space with built-in storage and seating.
- Mirrors and stainless steel surfaces reflect light and create the illusion of more space.
- Turn a formal dining room into a home office or children’s play area.
- Make furniture do double duty: couch as bed and ottoman as coffee table, for example.